Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day Picnic


Today, Emily and I enjoyed spending much of the afternoon out at Copper Park in Magna at the annual Labor Day picnic. The park was packed with participants that came to see the vast display of unique autos at the car show and indulge in some of the various game and food options. It was especially nice to so many people from West Valley City at the park and I spent a lot of time talking with them about all of the good things that are shaping up in West Valley. I also answered a few common questions like, "When is the construction of 3500 South going to be completed?" Overall I received some good feedback from West Valley residents and enjoyed getting to know them and their neighborhoods better. With this being Labor Day I am especially pleased at how West Valley City Economic Development is taking great strides to attract and retain quality businesses and employment centers. With a number of redevelopment options currently on the table, I expect West Valley City to be at the forefront of economic recovery with good jobs and business opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment