ORGANIZATIONAL ASSESSMENT & NEEDS
FINDING: A SOLID FOUNDATION EXISTS BUT IMPROVEMENTS ARE REQUIRED
- Ensure responsible and appropriate polices; update where necessary.
- Implement administrative accountability and enforce when required.
- Develop an environment of operational focus, alignment, and follow –thru.
- Build, implement, and monitor effort with strategic view.
FINDING: DEPARTMENTAL STRENGTH AND EXCELLENCE
- Competence and motivated staff.
- Empowerment and engagement within.
- Look for opportunities to recognize and reward successes.
FINDING: ORGANIZATIONAL REALIGNMENT AND STRUCTURAL REFORM
- Look for opportunities to improve efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Align resources and effort.
FINDING: NEED FOR NEW LEADERSHIP AND MORE EFFECTIVE SUPERVISION
- Establish and follow a progressive vision and clear mission
- Establish accountability at all levels
- Leadership Development
- Command Support
FINDING: BUILDING CONFIDENCE IN INTERNAL AFFAIRS AND THE DISCIPLINE PROCESS
- Disciplinary Matrix
- Standardize case investigation and documentation
- Case assessment and assignment
FINDING: LEADERSHIP NEEDED IN INVESTIGATIONS
- Coordination and Liaison
- Assessments, follow up, and closure.
FINDING: PUBLIC IMAGE, CONFIDENCE & TRUST
- Proactive and positive media engagement
- Public Accountability
- Responsiveness to community concerns/problems
- Building Trust & Confidence – Internal & External
FINDING: CHALLENGES IN NARCOTIC INVESTIGATIONS
- Supervisory guidance
- Operational tactics and guidelines
FINDING: INTELLIGENCE-LED POLICING
- Intelligence Development and reporting
- Action Assessment and feedback
FINDING: POLICIES AND PROCEDURES NEED IMPROVEMENT
- CALEA Commitment