Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Congress of Cities


Last week I represented West Valley City by attending the National League of Cities Congress of Cities in San Antonio, Texas. The conference major speakers and presenters included a senior White House advisor and a Wall Street Economist among others. Gathering at the Convention Center was a great opportunity to meet with leaders from around the country and discuss vital issues. The Congress of Cities provides a wealth of information and I was exposed to numerous rejuvenating programs and efficient policies . It featured more than 30 workshops focused on economic development, safety, policy and programs. The seminars I attended this week included “Desperate Times Call for Desperate Measures: Building Community in Today's Economy” and “Doing More with Less: Getting Better Results for Children and Families” among others. I also participated in the First Tier Suburbs Committee where I have applied to be on their Steering Council. Additionally, I gathered materials on numerous best practice solutions and innovations and have shared them with executive staff for informational purposes in constructing a leaner budget and conducting quality investment. The conference kept me very busy, but I was able to take a few strolls down the famous San Antonio Riverwalk to muster ideas about the future potential of the Jordan River and West Valley City's River Marketplace.

No comments:

Post a Comment